What to eat with braces the first week?
Are you new to braces? If yes, you must feel weird and uncomfortable with them as you are new to them. No need to worry; you will get used to it as time passes.
There is much more with new braces; you will face problems while brushing your teeth and, most importantly, the food you can eat with new braces in the first week.
Wearing braces is not easy; you must follow a strict diet to keep your braces in good condition to last long. Moreover, sometimes you will require removing your braces to eat particular foods.
It is necessary to eat good food while you wear braces that will give positive results to your mouth. While getting braces, your daily lifestyle has a lot to change.
While eating food, you may feel a little pain or soreness in your teeth from the new braces. So it is an excellent idea to chew foods that are easy to swallow, and this discomfort is not for long. It is temporary.
You will experience pain for the first 2–3 days, which is normal. Dont pick up food that is sticky, hard, or not easy to chew. They can cause more pain in your teeth and consume soft and easily chewable food.
Here is a list of food that you should consume :
Soups, Scrambled eggs, Mashed potatoes, Oatmeal, Yogurt, Smoothies, Cheese, bananas, Rice, Noodles, soft fruits, Pudding, curry dishes, etc
You should eat food that is:
- Easy to cut down
- Eat soft food that is easy to swallow straight inside the throat.
Remember to take proper oral hygiene to keep your braces and mouth clean to avoid other dental issues.
Consider eating food that is not sticky and hard, as it makes brushing and flossing difficult and affects the health of your teeth. So you must be aware of what you eat while on braces.
How long after getting braces can you eat normal foods?
You can eat regular food from your braces day five days or a week. The discomfort and pain should almost disappear these days to have regular food back in your diet. The braces should adjust to the teeth, and eating should be better. After five days or a week, any initial pain associated with the braces will be improved. The teeth will gradually adjust to the braces, and eating will become much more manageable.
What not to eat with braces the first week?
Braces make eating difficult as they cause pain and discomfort in the first few days; every person faces a different kind of pain.
Make sure you do not have a bite that can destroy your braces and your desire for a healthy, beautiful smile.
You need to compromise some of the foods with your teeth alignment treatment:
- Hard Candy – Candies contain high sugar levels that are bad for your health, especially when you are on your braces. Chewing a hard candy can ruin your braces appliances.
- Sticky Foods: Sticky Food has starch that is not good for your stomach and mouth. It gets stuck to your braces and gets caught, making cleaning hard, and you may suffer pain. Avoid chewing gum, caramel, peanut butter, maple syrup, etc.
- Inedibles: Many people have a chewing habit of unnecessary things like pens and fingernails; having these habits can sabotage the braces.
What snacks can you eat with braces?
These quick and healthy snacks are perfect for braces. These foods are orthodontist recommended and are braces-friendly and delicious to eat. Everybody will love to eat, from adults to children.
Here is the complete list to follow:
- String and squares cheese and squeezable yogurts are calcium-rich dairy products. These dairy products will not get stuck in your kid’s braces and helps rebuild tooth enamel, according to orthodontics.
- You can eat seasonal fruits like grapefruit, mangos, kiwis, and fresh apricots. They are excellent sources of vitamins and healthy snacks while you are on your braces. Some fruits are unavailable as they are seasonal and come season-wise, but some are still available at a grocery store, like bananas and oranges.
- You can eat scrambled or hard-boiled eggs. They are healthy and soft to add to your diet.
- Extra healthy foods like steamed carrots, broccoli, and sweet potatoes are vegetables that are swallowed down and, if cooked properly, will not get stuck in your child’s brace wires. Their fiber-rich nature makes them highly recommended by nutritionists because they boost gum health.
How long do you have to wear braces?
Thinking of How long will it take for braces to straighten your teeth?
How long depends on your teeth condition and other factors, like age, type of treatment, and sometimes health issues.
It depends on the major to the minor alignment of your teeth. For more details, you can visit your dentist and consult more about how long to wear them; your dentist considering your condition, will give the appropriate knowledge.
If you want a beautiful smile, take proper care and maintain your braces. Practice good oral health and make more complex efforts to maintain good oral health.
So in the future, if you wear braces, make a trip to the orthodontist to get a consultation on the braces-friendly diet and care.
You May Also Like
Dental braces can be an effective treatment option to fix underbites. Ceramic braces and Invisalign clear aligners are available at orthodontist North Miami. Depending on...Read More
If you want to or are about to get braces, then you must be wondering how they would feel or how long the procedure would...Read More